Saturday, March 31, 2012

My Own Special Way

I am an elementary education major, and this semester I have been in an early field experience class where I go to an elementary school twice a week for two hours. I've been in a first grade class, and I have learned a TON!


I felt pretty legit when I got this little name-tag, and then the work began. I was in my first grade class Wednesday and Friday from 12:45-2:45. Some days I didn't feel like going, but once I got there I loved every minute and I looked forward to coming back. Although I could apply what I have been learning in all my other classes in the classroom, there's nothing like hands-on experience. I've definitely questioned my choice of major, and wondered what else I could go into. However, as of now, I'm sticking with it because I love those kids!

My sad news is; yesterday was my last day with my first graders. :( And I really am sad about it; I'm going to miss them! I got to the school and we had a 'going-away party' where we played games, and just had a ton of fun. At the end of the day our cooperating teacher had all of her students sign a book that we read to them. My book is A Teacher for Bear.


It's a really cute book about this little bear who thinks he knows everything about school, because his sister told him it all. However, when he goes to school he has a different teacher and he needs to learn how to do think differently. It teaches how we need to do things in "our own special way."

After I read, we sat down and all the kids came up to give us a high five/knuckles/hug and say goodbye. It was so cute, and I really am going to miss them all!



No comments:

Post a Comment