Friday, March 2, 2012

Dr. Seuss

Today is Dr. Seuss' birthday!

 
Pretty much, Dr. Seuss is awesome and he says the coolest things... Before I came to college I entered a scholarship contest for Dr. Seuss, where I wrote a one-page essay on the book Oh, the Places You'll Go! Unfortunately, I didn't win, but I still really like my essay. Today I just wanted to share it with you.

My Quest
Today is the day; it's the start of my quest, where the choices I make will prove I'm the best. It's a journey that will lead me to self-actualization, but I also go forth with the keen realization, that unless I am true I am likely to stray, down any number of false paths I confront every day.  Where I can develop an awareness of self, so my talents won’t just gather dust on a shelf. But I know I have been given the tools that I need, as I head off to college prepared to succeed. At last I am off to many a place, apprehensive of the trials and challenges I’ll face.
Lots of adventure, new faces and sights as I “step out of town” and onto great heights. Where possibilities are endless that I can achieve, if in my abilities I only believe. The path I choose will lead me to college, where I will converse with the conveyers of knowledge. They can give me more tools as I continue on my quest, to choose the vocation that will serve me the best. Countless doors will be waiting to be opened by me, as I work toward my goal of a college degree.
            Dark times will arise and I will begin to question, whether I am headed in the right direction. Sometimes I think about all of my doubts; tough teachers, failures, and homesickness bouts. Parents have always been there by my side, to calm all my fears and help me decide. Not having them close I’ll have to transition; cook, clean and take care of myself; a few just to mention. But I am not one to wait for life to happen to me, I know I’ll take charge of the things that I do, hear, and see. I may enter college timid and unsure, but I know I’ll emerge strong and mature. “Oh, the places I’ll go” I can just hardly wait, because I know through the hardships things will still turn out great.

2 comments: