Monday, March 26, 2012

Deepest Fear

~Marianne Williamson~

I love this quote. It really puts things into perspective as to how we view ourselves. As I read the red text at the beginning I think, "Yes! That is my deepest fear." I don't measure up to people around me, and there is so much more I could be doing to be living a better life...to be a better person. 

As I continue to read I don't change my view to think that I am powerful beyond measure, but I keep reading... "You are a child of God." I am a daughter of God, and I have so much potential just knowing that.

"We are all meant to shine." I need to be 'shining,' or sharing what I believe and who I am. By not doing this I am providing a disservice towards those around me. Everybody should share what they believe in and be themselves for all the world to see.

I believe in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know that we lived in a spirit world before this earth and we decided to come here and live our lives fully. We knew of the trials we would face, but we also knew that God would be there for us. I know that God is there for me whenever I need Him. All I need to do is ask and do my best and He will meet me halfway. I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior, and that He atoned for my sins so that I will be able to return to the highest degree of glory in the Celestial kingdom. I  know that we have this full gospel on the earth today because of Joseph Smith. I know that he saw Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ and they helped him to restore the Church. I know that the prophets and leaders we have today are called of God and that they are helping us to stay on the straight and narrow path and lead a happy life. I know that I love this gospel and all that it has done for me in my life. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.


3 comments:

  1. Your blog is really cute Court! But my deepest fear is still bears, or sharks, or bears riding sharks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bwahahahahahahaha, thanks Rach! And you are hilarious!

      Delete
  2. I agree! You blog is nice! You have a lot of good thoughts on here :)

    ReplyDelete