Saturday, February 11, 2012

Take Chances

Recently I came across a quote on Pinterest (yes, I do Pinterest :) ), and I absolutely love it...


Take chances! Most of the time I get caught up in making right decisions and worrying over what the outcome will be. You could say I'm... indecisive in a way. I make decisions, but sometimes it takes me way too long, and then I worry about it forever. I know that I should just go for it, but I hesitate. This little quote reiterated to me in a profound way that I need to just jump right in. It includes great things: laugh until your stomach hurts, tell someone how much they mean to you, laugh at stupid jokes, apologize; but it also has things that aren't considered 'great;' such as: spend all your cash, date someone totally wrong for you, tell a jerk what you think of them. I love that it includes both sides! Of course we should strive to make the best decisions, but if we make one and it ends up being wrong, or not the best, don't worry so much! I make lame choices everyday and I stress way too much over how it's going to affect my life.

Well, now my approach is going to be more positive! I'll try something new, I'll text that person, I'll go somewhere crazy, I'll stay up way too late and get up way too early, I'll say what I think no matter who's listening.

I'll take chances, and regret nothing.

2 comments:

  1. Courtney, that's such a great message to remember! But I must say, I just read your profile and I resent the English major comment haha :). Dang subtitles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, you know you love me! :) And I was so excited when I saw you were following my blog! Makes me feel like I'm saying something worth while every now and then!

    ReplyDelete