Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Avocado Salsa

So basically I'm a fan of food... I mean, who isn't, right? It can be sooooo delicious, and so much fun to make...depending on who you're with and if you know what you're doing... good times, haha.

Well, awhile ago my mom came across an avocado salsa recipe that we had to try. One, salsa is always good; add avocados to that and it's pretty much heaven in a bowl. Two, we love avocados. :)

The nice thing about this recipe is that you can adjust things to your liking... if you haven't noticed, I love avocados so I tend to put more of those in, but feel free to leave some out or add more tomatoes or whatever your little heart desires!

1-2 Roma tomatoes diced (these can be normal tomatoes, but just tiny sized Romas are what I use)
2-3 avocados diced
1 can black beans drained and rinsed (you don't have to rinse them, but it makes the end result look more edible if you do)
1 can shoepeg corn drained(you can find this by normal corn, it's in a smaller can--and there IS a difference so don't try and be cheap and get normal corn! Okay, you can if you really want to, but I just love the shoepeg corn)
1/4 diced red onion (the original recipe calls for 3 green onions, but I prefer the red onion)
1/2 cup Zesty Italian dressing
Salt and Pepper as desired

Mix it all together, grab some tortilla chips, and enjoy*!!


*I am not responsible for any addictions that this might cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment