Sunday, April 8, 2012

That One Rule


I know that I get caught up in what others think... too much. I worry and stress over how somebody else is going to view me and my actions, heck, even just my looks. I know, kinda shallow, but I'm just being honest.

Anyways. I think we all get caught up in this constant chase of pleasing everyone around us. Let's be honest. You are never going to please everyone. Sorry if I burst some bubbles there, but it's the truth. No matter what you do, there will always be at least one person who disagrees. If we all know that, then why do we still worry so much about what everyone else will think?

This quote just put my thoughts into perspective a little bit. They are going to judge regardless, so why should we waste energy pretending to be somebody we aren't? Be the best you that you can be.

Always be a first rate version of yourself and not a second rate version of someone else.
~Judy Garland~

About all you can do in life is be who you are. Some people will love you for you. Most will love you for what you can do for them, and some won't like you at all.
~Rita Mae Brown~

...be yourself-not your idea of what you think somebody else's idea of yourself should be.
~Henry David Thoreau~

No comments:

Post a Comment